OUR HAND-POURED CANDLES WILL BURN FOR 40 HOURS OR MORE. HOWEVER, TAKING CARE OF YOUR SCENTED CANDLE WILL HELP TO ENSURE THAT IT LASTS FOR THE MAXIMUM POSSIBLE TIME AND THAT THE SCENT REMAINS CONSISTENT, RIGHT UNTIL THE VERY LAST BURN.
Make sure that when you light your candle for the first time that you allow it to burn for at least one hour, or until the wax has melted to the very ends of the glass. This full burn pool will ensure the candle burns evenly down the glass and lasts for as long as possible.
We strongly advise that you do not burn any candle for more than two or three hours at a time. Always trim the wick before your burn your candle. This will help to prolong the life of your scented candle and will stop a black rim appearing at the top of the jar. Please carefully read the following guidelines before lighting your candle:
- Never leave a burning candle unattended!
- Ensure the wick, the original and only wick, remains in the centre of the candle and that NO foreign object be left in the wax to form a secondary wick.
- With ALL candles there is a risk of the glass jar overheating and exploding. This is why you must never leave the burning candle unattended or let it burn for more than 2-3 hours at a time.
- Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or going to sleep.
- Never use a candle as a night light.
- Keep burning candles away from children and pets.
- Do not place near flammable objects such as curtains, walls, bedding, papers, etc.
- Make sure the candle is placed on a stable, heat resistant level surface.
- Avoid burning in drafts such as open windows, ceiling fans and air currents.
- Extinguish if flame become too high or if flickering repeatedly.
- Keep wick trimmed to 6 mm at all times to avoid carbon build up.
- Allow candle to cool before trimming wick or relighting.
- Never extinguish candles with water. The water can cause the hot wax to splatter and might cause the container to break.
Container or Jar Candles
Do not burn a candle in a container that is chipped or cracked.
Do not allow candle to burn all the way down to the bottom and discontinue using candle when about 1/2 inch of wax remains.
Do not allow flame to touch sides of container as this could cause a container to crack.
Containers may become hot so handle with care!
With the proper care, our scented candles will give you days, weeks and months indulging in your favourite scents.